We’re continuing the countdown today with the top 12 charms of 2012! Since the post was starting to get a bit long, I decided to split the list into two parts and we left off yesterday with the top 25-13 charms. This is the perfect time to take a look back as we close out the year. I’m quite surprised at how many fall and winter releases have made it onto the bestsellers list considering they’ve only had a few months of sales versus other pieces that have had all year.
12. Blue Pavé Lights: this glittery number was a delightful surprise when I saw them in person as I was quite skeptical upon first seeing the stock photos. The color is perfect for this wintery season and matches the other blue CZ charms, although because there are so many stones close together, the blue actually looks deeper than the rest. I ended up putting this charm on my blue fair tale bracelet to match the others.
11. Clear Pavé Star Dangle: of all the star dangles, only the clear star dangle made the cut. It’s also my favorite of the colors so I’m not surprised. The dangle is so dainty and pretty, it adds just the right amount of flash for any bracelet. The star is not overly long so does not bother me at all. This charm is the perfect complement to the clear pavé lights.
10. Ribbed clip: another clip makes the list! Again, these clips are a perfect place to start off any bracelet. It’s simple yet elegant look that matches any theme or bracelet design. I think a strong factor in the clips making this list is that people usually buy them in pairs leading them to be strong contenders in any bestsellers’ list. I did end up getting these and they are resting comfortably on my African safari bracelet.
9. Pink Pavé Lights: another sparkling delight added to this list. These pavé lights are exceedingly pretty in multiples; it’s one of those charms that you can’t have too many of. The salmon CZ crystals actually creates a rich pink shade. Other versions of the charm include blue (we’ve just seen), black, brown, and clear. These are so lovely, I hope more colors are planned for the future.
8. Royal Crown: the 14K gold version of this charm is truly drool-worthy and has been out of the budgets for many people desirous of acquiring this piece. However, with the introduction of the much more affordable silver crown, owning this charm has become infinitely more attainable! I wasn’t a fan of the gold crown, but found myself liking the silver one a lot (thankfully for my bank account).
7. Open Your Heart: released right before Valentine’s day this year, this openworks charm was an instant hit! Many stores actually sold out of this bead before the big day, so I’m not surprised it’s topped the list. The design is simple yet sincere representation for that special someone in your life. Also, a great charm that features hearts so prominently.
6. Family Forever: another openworks and the only one with a touch of gold, this charm is perfect for mothers and others to symbolize their family. This charm is a wonderful substitute for the notorious Family Ties charm that had created so much controversy earlier in the year. The bead features a mom, dad, boy, girl, and baby holding hands with gold hearts surrounding them.
5. Guardian Angel: this dangle is a pair of wings framing a freshwater pearl at the bottom (so be careful not to get it wet as pearls are organic and porous). A great bead to remember any loved one who has passed, it helps keep their memories close. This charm was released in the fall and has quickly climbed the charts as one of the most popular of the year.
4. Gingerbread Man: released in the fall and just in time for the holidays, I’m surprised that this seasonal charm has become such a favorite! The brown enamel makes it a bit difficult to add to any Christmas or winter colored bracelet. But it is so popular that it has become sold out nearly everywhere, with backorders not expected to be filled until February :O.
3. Santa’s Stocking: this Christmas charm was a must-have for me when I decided to complete a holiday bracelet. The stocking filled with toys is adorable and the details are amazing. A wonderful addition to the existing Christmas themed charms, Pandora hit it out of the park with this design and it shows. I hope there are more beads like this for next Christmas!
2. Clear Pavé Lights: another pavé charm makes it onto the list and this is my personal favorite of the pavé collection released this fall. The clear crystals are the sparkliest and most versatile of the bunch. The color also makes the silver setting virtually undetectable and glitters brilliantly under lights. If you haven’t seen this one in person yet, I highly recommend doing so.
1. A Precious Gift: the newest Black Friday charm has been out for less than 4 weeks and impressively clinched itself a spot as the number 1 bestselling charm of the year! This year’s special North America exclusive has been released on a more limited basis and all online stores have sold out of this little beauty, but it can still be found in some local stores. This will surely become a collector’s item so be sure to catch this one while you still can.
And that concludes our review of this year’s most popular charms. Were any of these surprises? Any charms you thought should have been on the list? I hope everyone has a very festive New Year’s Eve and I will see you next year!