Pandora Mother’s Day 2013 US Exclusives

pandora-mothers-day-2013-braceletsSome of you may have noticed that my preview for Mother’s Day 2013 collection was missing a few beads that I had included in the Spring 2013 First Look. The reason for this is because they will only be available at certain stores in the US!  To our international readers, no need to panic, the charms discussed in this article WILL BE available worldwide, only with limited distribution in the United States and Canada.  The release for the following beads will be April 15th with the rest of the Mother’s Day collection.

Starting with the Muranos, there will be two special edition beads coming out for Mother’s Day 2013, the Red Sweethearts and Pink Ribbon of Hope.  This is the first time where different beads will be available in different stores.  The Red Sweethearts will be a Pandora Concept Store exclusive and the Pink Ribbon of Hope will only be available at shop-in-shops.  Given how many stores carry Pandora and the online webshops in the US, obtaining these two beads should not be a problem. (For an explanation of the difference between a shop-in-shop and a concept store, check out Pandora FAQs.)

pandora-mothers-day-2013-us-exclusives

In addition to these special Muranos, Jared’s Galleria of Jewelry will also have a charm that is exclusive to their chains and that’s the Celebration Bouquet.  For our Canadian readers, this will not be limited for you since Jared’s does not have stores in Canada.  It looks like a continuation of the cherry blossom motif from the spring collection but the flowers are wrapped up in the form of a dangle.  I was not keen on this charm when I first saw it, frankly not on the Muranos either, but I can’t resist exclusives and they have hopped onto my wish list!  For areas that lack a physical retail location nearby, I believe it will also be available online at Jared.com.

pandora-all-wrapped-up-in-pandoraWhen the first pictures for the spring collection leaked last November, which happened right around the time of the Precious Gift (Black Friday charm) release, I was pretty unhappy that there was a charm coming out in the spring exactly like it but with pink enamel instead of red.  Well, this is either good news to some or bad news – the Precious Gift will retain its specialness because this pink version (All Wrapped Up in Pandora) will NOT be available in the US or Canada.  Again, even though I had no intention of buying this charm, now I must have it!  I am such a sucker for country exclusive charms :O.

pandora-bear-my-heart-specialLastly, for Mother’s Day the two-tone Bear My Heart will be available as a limited edition charm – limited edition because only a certain number of these were made and stores will only receive one shipment of them.  Which is just like the Black Friday Charm, but as to the exact number, I don’t know.  This bear will arrive with a small pink heart box, similar to the Black Friday box and it seems like the box will be a North America exclusive.  The cost for the charm is $75USD and will be available for sale from April 15 – May 12.

Comments

1. Leann, you are “too cool for school!” Thanks for sharing…I’m excited.

2. Jennifer Wr says:

Thank you for the information regarding the pink enamel gift charm! I would have looked for it in the US. I understand the marketing concept behind exclusives. Maybe it is just me, but instead of piquing my interest, it is just making me feel tired trying to sort it all out! :) I think I am suffering from “new release overload”!

• It’s a lot of information, isn’t it? One of the primary reasons why I decided to start this blog was because the information was scattered everywhere. At least I hope it’s presented in a concise and digestible manner ;).

Are you excited for anything coming out, Jennifer?

3. Lisa Lovell says:

Hi Leann
    The jarred exclusive bouquet is available here in the uk and is in all of the new UK catalogues.
    Regards
    Lisa

4. Janet L. says:

Thanks for all the great info Leann!

5. How complicated! I feel sorry for the sales staff who have to do deal with irate customers because the charms appear in the catalog but aren’t actually available in the store. But this finally explains to me why only 3 muranos were released this spring and why they were all different from each other. I thought it was really weird that they didn’t release a single design in a variety of colours like usual.

• I didn’t like that either, Carrie. I wish they would come out with a whole collection of designs not just one or two here and there. It’s good that they annotated the catalog to say *Limited Distribution, but yeah, so confusing!

6. Hi, Leann. Is there any indication that the Jared exclusive charm may be limited edition (limited quantity) as well? This charm is on my must have list and I was already eyeing on the Perlen site. Hopefully I can get the new pink present charm there too. It is very frustrating to eagerly await a new charm only to find out that it isn’t being sold here! Let’s keep our fingers crossed that Perlen stays on Pandora’s good side!!

7. Milannee says:

Hi ms leann, i just started with my pandora bracelet last february and im addicted to it =) i got the bear in my heart charm yesterday here in uae. I love your blog too

8. Oh my gosh! Pandor I need a break! lol

9. Wendy Carr says:

Just when I thought I was done….. Now I need the ribbon of hope murano and the bear with heart bead!!! I’m going to have to get a part time job to support this habit :)

10. leann
    the dangle bouquet isnt on my wishlist (not a fan of dangles in general) BUT if i had something to represent it i think it is very cute, I really like how they enameled around the ring, it really makes it special. but like i said i probably wont be purchasing but appreicate the detail!

• I’m not a big fan of the dangles either, but apparently I’m a sucker for clever marketing ;). Everything’s a bit too pink for me this season.

11. Thanks for sorting this all out-I’m exhausted just reading it.

12. Hi Leann,thanks heaps for the heads up,
    Heavens what on Earth is Pandora NOT thinking… what is this a Mother’s Day charm hunt? Talk about complication ,do they sit around looking for ways to frustrate and annoy their customers?

Help me to figure this as my regular store is a Jewelry store that sells Pandora, they will only have the Ribbon Murano, yes ? The Concept store a few miles away will have the Heart Murano and not the ribbon or dangle?,But Jared should have both the Ribbon Murano and the Exclusive Dangle because they are a store within a store ? Means if I want all 3 charms I have to go to at least 2 stores, right? Is this tied to a Dollar amount purchase or can we just walk in and buy the single charm?

Saw the Dangle on Perlen, but now out of stock ,will they get the 2 Muranos ,or will they be US exclusives? I can see the confusion in stores .. salespeople will have to spend time explaining why they do not have charms, how many Husbands , and kids will give up in frustration… at having to go to 2-3 locations?

• Maybe it is that complicated! Haha. Yes, you’ve got it exactly right, Angela. Jared’s a shop-in-shop and will have the pink ribbon and the everlasting bouquet. You can purchase them like any other charm. As I mentioned, the Muranos will be available worldwide. I believe Pandora did this to make the retailers happy so that everyone has something special. It shouldn’t be that confusing? :)

13. I’m just happy that the bear of my heart, however limited, will be available in Canada. It’s the one I want the most in the upcoming releases, I can’t wait until April!

14. Oh, no!! I’ve been looking forward to the All Wrapped Up charm since your first sneak peek! Hopefully Perlen will get it in, though, so I can still get my hands on it. It’s too cute, and one of my favorite charms from the new releases!

15. Gail Bremer says:

I have been following this website for a short while now. I very much want to have the bouquet charm. I have been very excited about it since I saw it on your site. I live in Canada is there any way of getting this charm? Thank you very much Gail

• Hi Gail, as I mentioned in the post, the celebration bouquet will be available in Canada without restrictions since Jared’s does not have a location there. :)

16. Hi Leann and thank you for once again giving us “the low down” on everything Pandora!! Personally I’m really looking to the red hearts murano & bear my heart, possibly the Jareds exclusive but am going to pass on the others. See you in 37 days!! :)))

17. I was irritated myself about the All Wrapped Up looking exactly like the one that came out for Black Friday. I wouldn’t have cared to get this pink little All Wrapped Up charm if I saw it in my store, BUT since its going to be an exclusive I will just have to get it now! Hopefully, Perlen comes through for us USA shoppers. :)

I like both the murano charms, especially the Pink Ribbon of Hope. I’m a sucker for pink Pandora charms! And the Red Sweethearts is just flat out lovey dovey sweet. The dangle charm is the only one I’m iffy on, I’ll just have to wait and see it in person at our Jared store. Right now, I’m wanting Bear my Heart, I can’t wait to buy that little guy!! :)

18. Looking at pictures I can’t tell but I wonder if the Pink All Wrapped Up charm will have the little dangle name tag like the Black Friday red gift has on its charm? Just curious….

19. Thanks for clearing all that up! I never bothered with pink charms before but these new charms are winning me over I think! Love the pink ribbon murano! I might have to start another bracelet :)

Are the hearts on the red murano white or light pink? I can’t really tell on my monitor.

20. Boy and I glad I live in the UK, as all these store exclusive charms is confusing!

I have the all wrapped up present charm (from the bracelet promotion in the UK) and it is really pretty in pink. It does have a heart tag on it, BUT I think Pandora have made the same mistake with the Black Friday charm because the tag isn’t fixed very well :-(

Over on Victoria’s blog someone has already commented that the tag has fallen off :-( Mine looks ok as I think the bow detail on the top will stop it falling off, but I am a bit nervous about wearing it and will probably have to take it to a jewellers to have a bit of silver solder put on it.

Not sure if Pandora made the pink ones in the same batch as the red. If not then they certainly haven’t learned their lesson from the Black Friday charm tag fisasco!

• The pink present is growing on me now that I can’t have it ;). Yeah, lots of reports of the tag coming off. Not sure what Pandora was thinking by not closing the loop. I would think they would have taken care of it for the pink version but I guess not! They probably used the same mold, and added a different tag to the pink present. I wish the little heart would have the “O” engraved on it like the BFC. It looks a bit plain without. I hope they figure out a way to solder those little things down! I don’t want to pay extra to do it :P.

21. Oh, and I forgot to say, the new safety chain with the hearts on it is really pretty, and I much prefer the round shape of the new design. I only got it because it came with the promotional bracelet :-)

I don’t have a huge collection of safety chains as they annoy me working their way off the ends of the bracelet even with a full set of charms, so I usually do what Leann does and put a clip at the open end of the bracelet.

I’ve only been wearing it a few days but so far it seems to stay put better, and it feels a bit heavier than other safety chains.

• That’s great to hear! I have all the screw on ones, but hate getting duplicates so all my others have clips to prevent the charms from getting stuck. It’s really annoying how they spin about and get tangled up. Did you get the cherry blossom box too, Debbie? I must have that! 😉

• Hi Leann, I had the cherry blossom box very briefly, but it’s now been posted onto a friend who collects boxes and wanted it :-) The box is very pretty, but I am not a great fan of Pandora GWP’s so I was happy for it to go to someone who will really wanted it and will enjoy it more than I will :-)

• You’re such a good friend! I’m a collector for some of the Pandora GWP, but not others. It just depends on whether it strikes my fancy ;). But I hate it when I want another country’s, it’s that much more money to get!

22. I guess I am lucky to have a Jared’s, a concept store and a store within a store all on the same location! But I will be haunting Perlen!

23. Hi, i´m from Spain and i have a question. I would like to know if charm’s pink version (All Wrapped Up in Pandora) will be available in Spain. I love it and i think that will be a perfect gift to my mom. Is it a limited edition?

Thanks in advance!!

24. stephanie says:

Well darn, where can we find the all wrapped up charm in pink? I didn’t get the black friday charm since I’m not a huge fan of red, but this one I really like, figures!!!

25. Kristen M says:

Hi Leann thank you for all the details! This is an awesome blog. I’m still a little confused between a concept store and a shop in shop. I have a pandora store in my mall would that be considered a shop in shop? Another question would the concept store be like a nordstrom or I also have an other authorized retalier near me and it sells other name brands would that be considered a concept store as well? Thank you so much I’m excited for the exclusive muranos 😀 !

26. Kristen M says:

Thank you so much!

27. Christine says:

I got myself a pink pressie — so excited!!!

28. Wow! This sparked a lot of conversation! It is confusing! Thanks for sorting it out for us!!

29. How much is the All Wrapped Up pink charm?

30. Christina says:

I want this Pandora pink present bracelet/charm. Where can I get one? Online retailers ship to US?

Comments