More news and pictures of the upcoming Pandora Spring/Summer 2012 collection are slowly emerging from various international and Internet sources as we get closer to the release. The ladies on Facebook recently linked to a post on Phunu Online, a Vietnamese fashion and shopping site that actually posted these pictures of the new collection back in December 2011. Their photo set seems to focus primarily on the Pandora rings and earrings, with a few pics of the new charms and watches mixed in as well.
The translation of the Phunu Online page doesn’t reveal much, only reaffirming that this collection will be called “Floral Nostalgia” and will have pieces inspired by flowers and insects. The picture shows some charms that we’ve seen before in the previous teaser images like the two-tone dragonfly bead but also some new ones. I’m not sure what the bead on the top of the bracelet is — I think it looks like a royal crown with a gold bow on the front (doesn’t make much sense I know), while Leann thinks it might be a blouse or t-shirt charm of some sort. Definitely an interesting looking one! Plus, there’s the flower clip that was in the video (which we were able to get a screen shot of), and a huge flower disc pendant. This looks like the flowers in the “Dew Drop on Flowers” ring and charm; looks a little big to me, but maybe it’ll look better on a necklace?
The other bracelet picture in the photo set was designed to showcase their expanded open works charms line. I can make out the 4 different types in the picture: the butterfly, small flower, large flower, and the criss-cross triangles open works charm. They are balanced and contrasted nicely by some gold spacers and the oxidized polygon clips. These come after the successful debut of the openworks charms from Autumn/Winter 2011 and Valentine’s Day. At a much lower price point than the other silver beads, these are great for Pandora beginners. Do keep in mind that the openworks charms do not have threading (again, unlike other silver charms) and simply slide right onto the bracelet, therefore, I wouldn’t recommend placing them at the end of the bracelet.
I’m not sure how successful Pandora has been selling their jewelry products to men, but they are sure trying . This pic showcases a very masculine arrangement of wooden Muranos (and an out-of-place flower charm) on a brown leather bracelet. I’ve heard a concept store sales gal say that these are semi-officially called “Mandora”, haha! If they are targeting this at men, I don’t know why they put that clear pendant on the bracelet (new to the collection). I’ve also never seen the dangle/clip before, looks like a grey pearl perhaps? We managed to snag a few more pictures from the Phunu site earlier, all of these can be seen in the gallery at the end of this post.
In addition to the Phunu pics, I’m also excited to share this excellent annotated breakdown image of the high-res bracelet picture that we talked about in our earlier post about the Pandora Spring/Summer 2012 collection. This breakdown and analysis was done by another great blog that mainly covers Troll charms, Endangered Trolls. Endangered Trolls loves Pandora like us, but mostly writes about news and happenings for Troll, Redbalifrog, and Story charms.
Endangered Trolls goes through and identifies each new, and old, charm on the two-tone bracelet shown:
1. Dragonfly Charm (Floral Nostalgia – Spring / Summer 2012)
2. Heart Beat Spacer (Existing Collection)
3. Peace Sign Charm (Floral Nostalgia – Spring / Summer 2012)
4. Trinity Spacer with Brown Zirconia (Existing Collection)
5. Duo Tone Flower Dangle (Floral Nostalgia – Spring / Summer 2012)
6. Silver Rose Spacer (Existing Collection)
7. S Clip (Existing Collection)
8. Wanda’s Garden Spacer (Nostalgic Rock – Autumn / Winter 2011)
9. Heart Row Spacer (Existing Collection) – Note:- It’s a little difficult to see precisely what this is, though this is my best guess.
10. Silver Rose Spacer (Existing Collection) – Same as number 6
11. It’s really difficult to see what this little spacer is. It could be the Small Hearts in gold. It could even be a new spacer.
12. Trinity Spacer with Champagne Zirconia (Existing Collection)
13. Ring of Roses – silver (Floral Nostalgia – Spring / Summer 2012)
14. Bouquet Clip Safety Chain (Nostalgic Rock – Autumn / Winter 2011)
15. Bouquet Clip Safety Chain (Nostalgic Rock – Autumn / Winter 2011) – Same as 14.
16. Silver Rose Spacer (Existing Collection) – Same as number 6
17. Summer Hat Duo Tone Dangle (Floral Nostalgia – Spring / Summer 2012)
18. It’s really difficult to see what this little spacer is. It could be the Small Hearts in gold. It could even be a new spacer.
19. Silver Rose Spacer (Existing Collection) – Same as number 6
20. S Clip (Existing Collection) – Same as number 7.
Thank you to Endangered Trolls for giving us permission to share this with our readers! For a review of the Spring/Summer 2012 Floral Nostalgia line, be sure to check out the very in-depth post that Endangered Trolls wrote about it.